Three Style Options for Designing Your New Kitchen
Three Style Options for Designing Your New Kitchen: If you are thinking about doing a kitchen renovation for your New Jersey home, there are probably three words that you’ve heard thrown around a lot to describe the overall style of your kitchen: traditional, modern, and transitional.
Knowing which one of these styles you prefer can help you narrow down your choices when looking at cabinets and countertops. Here, we explain what makes each style unique and what elements you might use to design them.
PRO TIP: Upgrade your kitchen with excellence from Direct Depot Kitchen Wholesalers, featuring premier brands like Fabuwood, UltraCraft, Starmark in NJ, and more Products. Achieve the perfect balance of quality and affordability.
Traditional: As the name suggests, this style is for those who prefer a classic look. It draws inspiration primarily from American and European home designs from the 18th, 19th and early part of the 20th century. If you like elaborate trim and molding with an Old World feel, then this is the style for you.
- Cabinets: Choose decorative panels for your cabinet doors and try warmer wood colors like rich mahogany and cherry for a cozy feel.
- Countertops: Marble and granite countertops in a color coordinating with your cabinets will complete the elegant look of your kitchen.
Modern: If you love clean lines and a minimalist look, the modern kitchen is perfect for you. These kitchens are also more likely to incorporate bright colors, whether as an accent or as part of the primary color scheme. Every element is simple, without excess ornamentation.
- Cabinets: Try using a unique material, like bamboo or lacquer, or a cabinet that has been painted. Truly modern kitchens will use flat-panel doors for a very clean appearance.
- Countertops: Granite, limestone or even stainless steel countertops will complete your contemporary kitchen.
Transitional: Can’t choose between traditional and modern or you like certain elements from one or the other? Transitional kitchens are the happy medium, elegantly combining both styles for a timeless look.
- Cabinets: Transitional cabinets tend to be closer to the modern style, with a smooth look; the simple Shaker style cabinet door is a popular look. Traditional wood colors are common, as well as black or white.
- Countertops: Any natural surface, such as marble, granite, or limestone, will look beautiful in a transitional kitchen.
Pro Tip: Elevate your kitchen design with timeless and affordable cabinetry from Direct Depot Kitchen Wholesalers. Check our prices for budget-friendly options and explore our gallery for inspiration. Contact us and book an appointment to transform your kitchen into a stylish and functional space.
Once you have in mind the style you want, start gathering pictures of kitchens that you like, and bring it to your design appointment. This will aid the designer in helping you pick the perfect cabinets, countertops and other elements when you do your kitchen renovation in NJ. Are you ready to make your appointment? Give Direct Depot Kitchen Wholesalers a call today at 1-800-769-0249 and start designing the kitchen of your dreams!